If you would like to reach out to me, please email me at: email@example.com
To help create the best cinematic experiences in the industry while helping to perpetuate a productive and enduring work environment that strives for excellence in all things.
I am a graphic designer, animator, film editor, and entrepreneur. I've been working in the entertainment industry for over a decade. In 2014, I founded Forma Pictures, a company that specialized in music-driven storytelling. In 2016, I started Behind the Cinematic, a website devoted to the study of game cinematics. Today I work on games at Blizzard Entertainment as a graphic and motion designer.
Senior UI Artist
2/2017 - Present
Film Editor / Graphic Designer / Animator / Owner
7/2014 - 2/2017
- Formed studio and developed working relationships with a wide variety of business clientele.
- Created animated commercials from inception to completion.
- Art direction for an indie mobile game.
- Developed the branding for a leading 3D printing software company.
UI and Motion Graphic Artist
2/2012 - 7/2014
- Directed a small team over the course of a month to create a game trailer.
- Designed and animated motion graphics for multiple games and dozens of trailers.
- Created user interface art and layouts for four different games.
- Pitched multiple game ideas to the entire studio and led a game prototype team of six people.
- Interviewed dozens of art, design, and engineering candidates for the studio.
3D Game Artist
10/2008 - 2/2012
- Modeled and textured game assets for three different games.
- Captured and edited gameplay footage for over 100 games.
8/2007 - 10/2008
- Worked my way up to a full-time artist position within three months.
- Worked on two shipped games as a graphic artist.
Untitled Film Project (short film)
- Designed and animated fictional user interfaces for this live-action film, from the director of Sintel.
Behind the Cinematic (website)
3/2016 - 1/2017
- Concepted, designed, coded, and launched the site.
- Wrote dozens of behind-the-scenes articles on the subject of game cinematics.
- Interviewed leading professionals from studios including Blizzard Entertainment, Naughty Dog, Axis Animation, and Goldtooth Creative.
- Sold the website before I was hired by Blizzard Entertainment.
The Secret Number (short film)
- Designed the end titles for this award-winning short.
Ongoing Personal Projects
- Produced a series of weekly video tutorials and essays for new and veteran artists.
- Wrote weekly articles about art and business to help fellow artists and entrepreneurs for over two years.
- Designed and animated a series of music-driven shorts.
- Edited a series of montage style shorts (each involving over a hundred hours of editing work).
- Wrote and directed a short, animated film.
- Designed websites for artists and businesses.